In conjunction with World Stroke Day we would like to share some information about stroke.
- Stroke happens when a clot or rupture interrupts blood flow to the brain. Without oxygen-rich blood brain cells die.
- According to The National Stroke Association of Malaysia (Nasam) stroke is the third largest cause of death in Malaysia.
- Highblood pressure is stroke’s public ENEMY #1.3 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE who suffer first strokes have high blood pressure. Normal blood pressure is below 120/80.
- 80% of strokes can be prevented. Starting healthy habits and diets may reduce stroke risk later in life.
- It is important to recognize the symptoms of stroke. Remember the F.A.S.T test.
5 Tips for Living a Healthy Lifestyle to Reduce The Risk of Stroke
Did you know that up to 80% of premature heart disease and stroke can be prevented? Many risk factors for heart disease and stroke are in your power to control. Start making healthy lifestyle choices.
- Healthy Dietary Patterns
Eat Smart! Eating a balanced diet as guided by the Food Pyramid should provide all the nutrients needed by the body. A balanced dietshould be low in saturated fat focusing on high fibre wholegrain foods vegetables and fruits.
- Make Half Your Grains Whole Grains
Many studies show that eating whole grains promote overall health. Whole grains may help to reduce blood cholesterol levels lower blood pressure regulate blood sugar and assist weight management.
- Eat More Colour
The best way to get all of the vitamins minerals and nutrients you need is to eat a variety of colourful grains fruits and veggies. There is five different colour categories: red purple/blue orange green and white/brown. Each colour carries its own set of unique disease fighting chemicals called phytochemicals.
- Get The Salt Out
Limit the intake of food which contain high salt such as canned food processed meat cheese seasoning and sauce.Salty foods can increase blood pressure.
- Be Physically Active
Regular exercise can help to lower your blood pressure and help you maintain a healthy weight.
WHOLE GRAINS – Help to lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of stroke.
GoodMorning 18 Grains is made from selected 18 types of premium whole grains with 5 colours of phytonutrients. Each colour is rich in specific nutrients that help vitalize the 5 principle organs in our body.Besides that whole grains is high in dietary fibre protein vitamin B vitamin E and minerals such as iron calcium and zinc which help to promote overall health and strengthen our immune system. Whole grains and dietary fibre can promote better blood cholesterol level improve blood pressure and control blood sugar levels.